Advanced Typography - Final Compilation and Reflection

29.3.2021 - 03.7.2021 (Week 1 - Week 14)
Jocelin Agustia (0345436)
Advanced Typography - Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Final Compilation and Reflection



Task 1 - Exercises





Typographic System


figure 1.1 Axial System Final

figure 1.2 Radial System Final

figure 1.3 Dilatational System Final

figure 1.4 Grid System Final

figure 1.5 Transitional System Final

figure 1.6 Modular System Final

figure 1.7 Bilateral  System Final

figure 1.8 Random System Final 

figure 1.9 Typographic System Final PDF

Type & Play: Finding Type 


figure 2.1 Original Image JPG

figure 2.2 Dissect JPG

figure 2.3 Extracted Letters JPG

figure 2.4 Finding Type Final JPG

figure 2.5 Letter 'A' Final JPG

figure 2.6 Letter 'V' Final JPG

figure 2.7 Letter 'Y' Final JPG

figure 2.8  Letter 'F' Final JPG

figure 2.9 Letter 'K' Final JPG

figure 3.1 Finding Type Final PDF

Type & Play: Type and Image


figure 3.2 Type and Image Final 

figure 3.3 Type and Image Final PDF

Key Artwork


figure 3.4 Final Key Artwork 

figure 3.5 Final Key Artwork PDF

Poster and Collaterals

figure 3.6 Poster Final JPG

figure 3.7 Poster Final PDF

figure 3.8 Animated Poster Final GIF

figure 3.9 Tickets Final JPG

figure 4.1 Can Final JPG

figure 4.2 Signage Final JPG

figure 4.3 Collaterals Final PDF


Type Exploration and Application

figure 4.4 Final Font JPG

figure 4.5 Final Font PDF

Font Download: CrunchyYum Font

Brush Download: Seaweed Brush

figure 4.6 Final Font Application JPG

figure 4.8 Final Font Application PDF




REFLECTION

Experience
As usual, I went through ups and downs, not only in this module but in every module. For advanced typography, at first, I was told that this semester will be more flexible and the workload won't be a lot. I don't know if it is just me or not, but actually I find that there's a lot more to do! Like, in the very first week we had to come up with 8 designs for the typographical system, although we only had to do 8 designs unlike our seniors that need 16 designs, I still find it a lot of work. Well, this is just what we must get through! Still, this module does feel more open, unlike back in semester 1 when we only work with words, this semester we have lots of chances to work with pictures too so I find it refreshing to have something else other than only words. It's also a lot of fun applying my designs to mock-ups, I feel they look better there. Also, I had a scary dream of being scolded by Sir Vinod ಥ_ಥ which made me canceled my procrastination and quickly finished my work.

Observation
This semester's feedback session is totally different from semester 1, we had breakout rooms and we had to give feedback to each other. To be honest, I don't know how to give feedback, so I would like to apologize to my peers if my feedbacks aren't a good guide. At first, I personally feel that this kind of feedback session won't work because most of the time there aren't feedbacks given, although I can't complain because I, myself didn't actually give opinions that much. But then, I realized that I rely too much on Sir Vinod, if later I jump to the work world what would I do? There won't be Sir to guide me anymore. So, since then I tried to mature myself and be more critical of what should be and what shouldn't be done. I don't think I'm there yet, but I'll work hard!

Findings
During task 2, I actually had a slump, which I can't think of any good designs and had no ambition to do well. I don't know why actually, it may be because we had a long holiday during that task? But, it was really depressing because my designs seem dull and all my peers are doing well. Sooner or later, I had to get out of this 'slump' so luckily I did! (well not 100%) It was all thanks to seeing how my peers are ambitious and diligent, so I don't want to lose to them. Experiencing a slump is not a bad thing, it's just that you must know how to overcome it. And it's not my first time experiencing this, I think its pretty normal for people to experience a slump because that's just how life is!

Comments

Popular Posts