Video and Sound Production - Project 2

30.03.2021 - 06.06.2021 (Week 1 - Week 10)
Jocelin Agustia (0345436)
Video and Sound Production - Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Project 2 - 30 seconds Visual Effects Video





Exercises



INSTRUCTIONS

Module Information Booklet


Project 2

We need to start thinking about Project 2, so we were told to look at Zach King's video and choose our top 3.





figure 1.1 Zach King's Videos

The task for week 3 is to find tutorials for selected visual effects tricks. There are lots break downs and dissected tricks of Zach King's videos on  Youtube and these are what I found:





figure 1.2 Zach King's Breakdowns

After watching all of them, it seems that the secret behind Zach King's videos was all about masking and mastering the skill of freeze to make a seamless movement. There are a lot more breakdowns on Youtube but these are what I found interesting, especially the one where the bag can be turned into an egg.

So before that, we are told to make a plot segmentation, shot list, and a digital storyboard. Below is my submitted doc.

figure 1.3  Plot segmentation, Shot List, and Digital Storyboard
 
Lastly, we need to apply the visual effects we wanted to the video we shot. Below, is the result for my project 2.

figure 1.4 Project 2 - Final




FEEDBACKS 

  1.  Cut off the part where you change clothes as it doesn't make sense.
 


REFLECTION

The visual effects for my video are actually very simple and there are only 2 of them, but it's just that I always make mistakes when shooting. Such as, the ping pong ball that wasn't supposed to be in the shot and when I forgot to swipe my gallery to a blank picture. Because of that, I had to retry multiple times before starting to edit the video. At first, I tried to mask them out, but I don't think I could do that because I moved a lot which makes it hard to mask the ping pong ball, thus I reshoot. It worked out in the end, and I am quite satisfied with the result! I am also happy to be able to eat while shooting!

Comments

Popular Posts