Video and Sound Production - Project 1

06.04.2021 - 04.07.2021 (Week 3 - Week 14)
Jocelin Agustia (0345436)
Video and Sound Production - Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Project 1 - Audio Editing Exercises




Exercises


INSTRUCTIONS

Module Information Booklet


Audio Editing Exercise 1
For project 1, we need to do an audio editing exercise. We were given a muted video clip and a script, since there is no audio we need to do a voice-over and find suitable sound effects and ambiance for the video clip. The goal for this week is to put everything together in Adobe Premiere Pro first and after that, we will continue later on when we learn the advanced skills.

figure 1.1 Audio editing Exercise 1 - Draft 1

We learned how to change voices so now it's time to revise the first draft. Below is my final.

figure 1.2 Audio editing Exercise 1 - Final


Audio Editing 2

We were tasked to make 5 types of voice from the audio provided:
1. Phone Call
2. From inside the closet
3. Big Stadium
4. Toilet/Bathroom
5. Underground Cave

figure 1.3 Phone Call


figure 1.4 From inside the Closet

figure 1.5 Stadium

figure 1.6 Toilet

figure 1.7 Underground Cave

After receiving feedback from Sir Martin, I changed my stadium sound, which can be listened to below.


figure 1.8 Stadium (Revised)

Audio Editing Exercise 3

For the last exercise of this project we were tasked to create sound effects with the provided audio files:

1. Magnification EXPLOSION sound
2. Variation of PUNCH SOUNDS (Triple punches)
3. MONSTER of ALIEN voice (select one part from sample voice)

Below are the sound effects I made.


figure 1.9 Explosion


figure 2.1 Punch 


figure 2.2 Monster




FEEDBACKS

Audio Editing Exercise 1
  1. Each audio clips need audio transition at begin & end. Apply crossfade: https://youtu.be/CiZe-k2xKrA?t=13
  2. Ambience sound too quiet for begining 20 seconds.
Audio Editing Exercise 2
  1. Stadium too flat, should be echoey.



REFLECTION

Audio Editing Exercise 1

When doing the voice-over, honestly I was very embarrassed. I'm not used to hearing my own voice and I can't really express words if it is intentional, so the voice-over was kinda monotone, I guess. However, because of this I know that being a voice actor is not an easy job, lip sync is actually very very hard especially for me, since I'm not an English native speaker. The characters in the video talk so fast, I can't really keep up. But, it's been a nice experience for me. 

Audio Editing Exercise 2

During this exercise, I had a lot of fun changing the voices in different situations. Although I must admit that I struggled when doing the voice for a stadium. The reason is that I've never been to a stadium before, so I don't know how it sounds. As a result, I needed to change it as the feedback was given to me.

Audio Editing Exercise 2

Just like exercise 2, I also had a lot of fun, the difference is that I didn't struggle to figure out how the voices should turn out, especially the monster voice because I think that everyone has a different perspective of how monsters should sound like.

Comments

Popular Posts