Illustration and Visual Narrative: Project 1B Vector Landscape

11.09.2020 - 25.09.2020 (Week 3 - Week 5)
Jocelin Agustia (0345436)
Illustration and Visual Narrative / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Project 1B



Week 3 - Week 5 / Vector Landscape

Vector Landscape Instructions

Our next project is to make a vector landscape, we can trace or create our own design according to the themes that were given. We also need to come out with 5 sketches digitally or manually. Before that I search up some Inspirations from Pinterest. 


figure 1.1 Inspirations From Pinterest



figure 1.2 Sketches (16/09/2020)

From the 5 sketches I used one of them and changed them a little bit. Here are some of the process to it.


figure 1.3 Color Palette 

I used the colors from the pictures by using the eyedropper tool but I also made some adjustments to them especially when I want to add shadows to my work.





figure 1.4 Some Process of Vector Landscape (25/09/2020)

Final Outcome

figure 1.5 Vector Landscape with Caption (25/09/2020)

figure 1.6 Vector Landscape Without Caption (25/09/2020)

I used a poem by Christy Ann Martine 

Winter Waltz

The wind lifted me up into the trees 
Where I danced to the rhythm of the evergreen,
Swaying to the tune
of the Northern Breeze,
Frozen in timeless melody.



REFELCTION

Experience
For this project I wanted to do something different while sharpening my skills for Ai so I decided to not apply flat style to my work. I also want my landscape to have textures so I used many kind of brushes to give the effect.

Observations
I noticed how I used many layers for this and sometimes got confused because of it, so that's why naming the layers are important. I will not forget to rename the layers next time!

Findings
Doing landscapes are fun! At first I hated landscapes because I find them complicated, but because of this project it enlighten me, I can't stop trying new brushes and effects for my work and I find the lectures in DPI really helpful because I applied some blending modes to my layers.

Comments

Popular Posts