Vehicle and Props Design - Post Production and Profiling

15.11.2021 - 05.12.2021 (Week 13 - Week 15)
Jocelin Agustia (0345436)
Vehicle and Props Design - Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Post Production and Profiling




INSTRUCTION

Module Information Booklet

Week 13 - 15

During these weeks, we are going to finish our final project. We were tasked to only use 1 vehicle for this final project, we have to polish the exterior and interior even further. Below are the instructions.

Final Polished for each vehicle (Land, Water, and Air). Call sheet showcasing the breakdowns of your props, interior, and engine (if necessary). Key Art For all 3 vehicle concepts as the example attached. The call sheet needs to be well laid out.  
  1. Color studies
  2. Textures
  3. Key Art
  4. Props Breakdown
  5. Orthographic
Based on my mood board from project 1 until project 2, I further polished them. I first started with Zbrush in order to draw the orthographic and the angle for the key Artwork.

figure 1.1 Key Artwork (Zbrush)

figure 1.2 Side View 01

figure 1.3 Side View 02

figure 1.4 Back View

figure 1.5 Front View

After angeling them in Zbrush, I traced them one by one, and below is the result.

figure 1.6 Orthographic

 I also used the layout I designed as a base for the call sheet.

figure 1.7 Layout Design

Then I colored the air vehicle in procreate. It started with value painting when later on I adjusted the colors in Photoshop.

figure 1.8 Value Painting

figure 1.9 Color Adjustment in Photoshop

After adjusting the color, I exported it again and brought it back to Procreate. I mainly used procreate to design the layout and make other adjustments. Below is the first page of my call sheet.

figure 2.1 First Page of Call Sheet

The props for my vehicle is a mana stone and below is the breakdown.

figure 2.2 Props Breakdown

Lastly, we had to create a key artwork for our vehicle. Below are the references I used to create the background. However, I made it more simple.

figure 2.3 Background References

Below is the result of my key artwork.

figure 2.4 Key Artwork

Below is the final compilation for the submission in PDF.

figure 2.5 Final Compilation


REFLECTION

Designing a vehicle is really not the cup of my tea, during this class I struggle a lot with thinking of the design for my vehicles because I really haven't had an interest in vehicles. There is also the perspective that I am weak at. However, during the lectures and tutorials given by Sir Kannan, I became more motivated to learn more about vehicles and perspectives. I found out that designing a vehicle is actually fun. There are also a lot of important things to be noted, such as; the layout is important, and even though we are just designing the vehicle, there must be thoughts to it. So, there is actually a lot of things to consider when designing. In the end, I managed to reach this far and this class has brought me a lot of knowledge. 

Comments

Popular Posts