Anatomy and Character Sculpture - Polishing and Dynamic Posture With Props

16.11.2021 - 05.12.2021 (Week 13 - Week 15)
Jocelin Agustia (0345436)
Anatomy and Character Sculpture - Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Polishing and Dynamic Posture With Props




INSTRUCTION

Module Information Booklet


Week 13

For the final project, I added the outer robe for my character and also did some detailing on the cloth. 

figure 1.1 Outer Robe - Front View

figure 1.1 Outer Robe - 3/4 View

However, the robes were jaggy so I had to redo them. Instead of only redoing the outer robes, I decided to entirely redo the whole attire. Below is the result.

figure 1.2 Full Attire

Next, is to polypaint them. I paint them according to the color palette I had for my character. I also posed it and below is the result.

figure 1.3 Poly Painted

I had to omit the attire between the outer robes, because something went wrong with it, due to some reason whenever I moved that piece of clothing, it stretches and the cloth became distorted. I also changed my pose into a much more simple one because my Zbrush keeps crashing whenever I try to rig them. The pose looks awkward because I ran out of time thinking about a suitable pose.

figure 1.4 Posed and Rendered

figure 1.5 Program Crash Alert

Here is the original pose my character is supposed to have.

figure 1.6 Original Pose

Next, I created my character's weapon. Below is the process.

figure 1.7 The Grip - Front View

figure 1.8 The Grip - 3/4 View

figure 1.9 The Sword - Front View

figure 2.1 The Sword - 3/4 View

The next thing to do is to polypaint the sword and below is the result of it colored and rendered.

figure 2.2 Colored and Rendered Sword

However, I couldn't put the sword so that my character can hold on to it because of unknown reasons, whenever I moved the sword it distorted, this also happened to the piece of clothing I mentioned before.

figure 2.3 Distorted

Lastly, after the rendering has been converted to Photoshop, I exported the file into png and send it to Procreate as I am more comfortable with that program. Here, I added in the details.

figure 2.4 Poster

Below is the rendered version of the sword in multiple views.



figure 2.5 Sword Multiple View

Here is the final compilation for my final project.

figure 2.6 Final Compilation



REFLECTION

the process has been tough for me, I really am not good when it comes to sculpting. there were a lot of errors and trials. I am really not that satisfied with the result, I ran out of time and my program keeps crashing, which makes me feel like reaching the dead end. I had to do the pose for my character manually and it looks very awkward. Although, I really like the process of creating the sword, compared to when creating the character I feel more pressure. However, I could finally reach the end, and I hope to be better in the future. There's a lot of practice to be done.

Comments

Popular Posts