Anatomy and Character Sculpture - Character Detailing and Texturing

26.10.2021 - 05.11.2021 (Week 9 - Week 12)
Jocelin Agustia (0345436)
Anatomy and Character Sculpture - Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Character Detailing and Texturing




INSTRUCTION

Module Information Booklet

For project 2, we have to start adding in the attire for our character, and below are the instructions for project 2.

You are to continue with the previous sculpt from Project 1 to further enhancement. You may add sufficient details and textures to the character sculpt by utilizing thorough studies of anatomy principles in your sculpt. Details should uplift the character persona which will add visual narrative to the output produced. Below are the list of components to be achieved in this project:
  1. Character Persona
  2. Skin Details
  3. Scars and bumps
  4. Creases 
  5. Color implementation
  6. Light setup
  7. FINAL RENDER
With the instructions given, below is the process of my attire sculpting. First of all, I fixed the facial features just as suggested in Project 1.

figure 1.1 Face - Front View

figure 1.2 Face - Side View

figure 1.3 Face - 3/4 View

I also fixed the proportion as suggested and below is the result.

figure 1.4 Proportion - Front View

figure 1.5 Proportion - Side View

figure 1.6 Proportion - 3/4 View

After making the adjustments, I tried to pose my character. It's my first time rigging, so it still looks weird.

figure 1.7 Pose - Front View

figure 1.8 Pose - 3/4 View

I haven't added in the feet because I wanted to sculpt it last as I am not good at it. The overall pose looks a bit awkward, so I still need to fix them. Lastly, I duplicated the file and created the attire I also added some details to the hair, although it is not finished because I'm still trying to find a wat=y to create the ponytail.

figure 1.9 Attire - Front View

figure 2.1 Attire - Back View

figure 2.2 Attire - 3/4 View

Below is the final compilation.

figure 2.3 Final Compilation




FEEDBACKS
  • The face still needs to be more detailed
  • The pants shouldn't be attached to the body like that, for males, most of them will have the pants slightly lowered 
  • Look at references for puffy pants
  • The hair needs to be puffed a bit



REFLECTION

In the middle of project 2, I was delayed on my process because there was something wrong with my eyes so I had to go to the hospital and the doctor told me to rest for a while. Since I was told to rest, I couldn't stare at the screen for a long time. Because I work slow, this affects my eyes a lot as I need to look at the screen for a long time. Eventually, I managed to create the attire, but it is not finished yet so I will make adjustments to them in my final project. 

Comments

Popular Posts