Anatomy and Character Sculpture - Stylized Character Blockout

23.08.2021 - 19.10.2021 (Week 1 - Week 8)
Jocelin Agustia (0345436)
Anatomy and Character Sculpture - Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Stylized Character Blockout 




INSTRUCTION

Module Information Booklet

For the blackout of my character, I have mostly done them back in the fundamentals. I crested the hair by using the sphere and adjusting them using the move tool, it is still not detailed yet but at least the shape is there. Below are the instructions for project 1.

You are to utilize your character design to create a stylized character blockout where you have to demonstrate anatomy studies applied in your digital sculpting. Characters can be human, any form of biped creatures or hybrid, or quadrupeds. Sculpture should capture as the listed components below:
  1. Proportion
  2. Character believability
  3. Theme
  4. Readable silhouette
  5. Identical Landmarks
  6. Initiated Style 
  7. Muscle Flow
  8. Exaggeration
  9. Key Colors

figure 1.1 Front View

figure 1.2 Side View

figure 1.3 Full Body - 3/4 View

figure 1.4 Full Body - Front View

Below is the final compilation for project 1.

figure 1.5 Final Compilation




FEEDBACKS
  • Adjust the proportion
  • The face s mostly there, but the eyes and the nose still needs to be adjusted
  • The bottom Half needs to be refined
  • You are missing the markers to make the sculpt look more realistic, add them in



REFLECTION

The submission for project 1 is the same as the fundamentals, so I had really had to rush especially because I'm still not used to Zbrush. Because of that, I decided to just combine the blockout of fundamentals and project 1, so they have the same blockout. I realized that I am so slow when sculpting, the part I find the hardest during this blockout is the hair because I couldn't shape it the way I wanted to and I tend to go directly into details, that must be the other reason for my slow progress. After fixing and amending the body proportion, I still got them wrong, it seems that I only understood the 2D anatomy and haven't been able to correctly apply them into 3D. 

Comments

Popular Posts