Illustration and Visual Narrative: Final Compilation & Reflection

26.08.2020 - 06.12.2020 (Week 9 - Week 15)
Jocelin Agustia (0345436)
Illustration and Visual Narrative / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Final Compilation & Reflection



LECTURES




SUBMISSIONS

Exercises

figure 1.1 Final Tracing Exercise

figure 1.2 Final Vector Landscape Exercise

Project 1A

figure 1.3 Final Trading Card

Project 1B

figure 1.4 Final Vector Landscape with Caption

figure 1.5 FInal Vector Landscape without Caption

Project 2

figure 1.6 Final Decisive Moment Poster

figure 1.7 Final Decisive Moment Animation

Final Project

figure 1.8 Final Graphic Novel 

Monochrome Webtoon Download

figure 1.9 Final Webtoon Animation

Youtube Link: Monochrome Animation

Note: For people using Incognito mode, the video needs to be downloaded first.


REFLECTION

Experience
I was a total beginner at Adobe Illustrator when I first started this course, I had a hard time. And I am a slow worker, so since I was still new everything I needed to work on in Adobe Illustrator takes a lot of time and of course, it was tiring. But above all, I still enjoyed this course very much because I loved to draw and this course gives me a lot of drawing tasks. I especially like working on the Decisive moment task.

Observation
Digital art is what I have been aiming for since long ago, I used to make art traditionally and it needs a lot of time and money, of course. Buying all the art supplies costs a lot. However, with digital art, it takes fewer supplies and it could be used for a lifetime and the programs made things easier. I am glad that this course helped me improve on my digital skill and there are still a lot more that I need to learn.

Findings
I am quite happy to see how I grew while doing all the tasks and projects. This course's tasks made me feel challenged and that encouraged me to do the best. Although I don't like to read long articles, I did it because I need to do research for maximum result and that changed my perspective of reading because I realized that if I did a lot of reading I will learn something very useful, it is better to do research before jumping in on the tasks.

Comments

Popular Posts