Digital Photography and Imaging / Project 2B - Photo Manipulation (Cyborg)

28.9.2020 - 15.11.2020 (Week 6 - Week 12)
Jocelin Agustia (0345436)
Digital Photography and Imaging / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Project 2B - Photo Manipulation (Cyborg)



INSTRUCTIONS

Week 5 and 6
Before beginning our cyborg project, we need to make some sketches. There are several sketches that I have done. and I chose to use the third one. And I also go to Pinterest to find some inspirations. On week 6 we started to submit our photograph.


figure 1.1 Inspirations from Pinterest


figure 1.2 Sketches (03/10/2020)

figure 1.3 Photograph (03/10/2020)

Week 8 
Midterm break.

Week 9 
Sir Martin demonstrated to us the first cyborg tutorial, which is to make synthetic skin and prosthetic limbs.

figure 1.4 Bora Cyborg (24/10/2020)

This week we started our project 



PROCESS

Before we started to edit ourselves into a cyborg we need to think of a concept. I was thinking that it will be good to change one of my hands and eyes into a cyborg's. I can't see far clearly and because of that, I need to use glasses, which sometimes, could be inconvenient. For my hand, I want it to have a lot of function in it will be good if I had this kind of hand and I don't need to worry about my hand being hurt as it could be fixed.

figure 1.5 Cyborg Process (24/10/2020)

After receiving feedback from Sir Martin I changed a few things, and now it could focus more on the subject which is me. First I masked out myself from the background so I could adjust them differently. I also lower the opacity of the foreground as Sir Martin told me. Lastly, I merged them all and used camera raw filter to adjust the colors, brightness, contrast, and others.



figure 1.6 Process 

figure 1.7 Final Outcome



FEEDBACK

We had our feedback session and sir martin said that my picture looks too dark, and I should change a few things. Such as lowering the opacity of the foreground and masking out myself. Because in this project, the subject (me) is the main focus.

After the changes I made, I personally messaged Sir and he told me that it's better and I should submit it.



REFLECTION

Experience
Since the first time Sir Martin showed us our seniors work for this project, I have been looking forward to it, so I am excited. I am not the kind of person to take lots of photos of myself so I am quite worried that I would look awkward on the camera.

Observation
When I want to edit myself, I watched a lot of Youtube videos on how to turn yourself into a cyborg and found many interesting methods and effects that could be used.

Findings
The process went a lot easier because of the lessons. Whenever I apply something that I learned, I will always be reminded of when the lessons were taught. When doing this project, I was already happy with my first attempt, but after the feedback Sir Martin gave me, I realized that it looks better after some adjustments, this proves that I should do more experiments.

Comments

Popular Posts